head photographic stylist
Join seventy7 Group in Manchester.
We are a fully integrated creative agency based in the northern powerhouse of Manchester. The Group also has offices, and studios in London and Mumbai – we’re truly global.
Our Group employs over 160 talented people who create eye-catching content for some of the world’s leading brands. Today, we’re one of the most respected creative content agencies in the UK.
We’ve been established in Manchester for over 40 years and as a city is famous for its arts and creativity, we continue to take inspiration from it.
Our significant 5-year plan will reposition us as leaders in the creative industry and also promote the talent and creative hub that is seventy7 Manchester.
We are now recruiting for a Head Photographer to direct and manage all aspects of the photography output and the styling team.
Job Title: Head Photographic Stylist
Division: Photography Manchester
Reporting to: Head of Photography
Package: Competitive Salary and performance related bonus.
Aim of the Role
- To elevate the teams creative styling output across both fashion and still life shoots.
- To ensure that deadlines & shot counts are achieved whilst ensuring styling is to brief.
- To support both the fashion and still life styling teams creatively ensuring that all of our creative output is of the highest standard.
- To develop and mentor the styling team.
- 75% on set, 25% off set
The Role & Responsibilities
- Ideally you will have a minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role, supported by references.
- A strong portfolio of Photographic Fashion Styling – on both creative and e-Commerce shoots.
- A thorough knowledge of both Fashion and Still life styling.
- You will have strong leadership skills, to drive a team of 10 stylists and the confidence and communication skills to liaise with clients and internal account managers.
- Strong fashion and styling sense with the ability to incorporate new fashion trends.
- Ability to work with Art Directors and clients to generate style guides and mood boards.
- Able to work well as part of a team in a high pressurized environment.
- Reporting to the Head of Photographic Operations, you will be working with the production team to allocate resource for daily/weekly shoot schedules.
- Maintain consistency across several teams and multiple clients.
- Staff training, mentoring, motivation, discipline and developing a regular test protocol to improve the creative and technical abilities of the team.
- Responsible for achieving daily shot count targets.
- Communicate with our logistical team to ensure products move seamlessly between teams.
- A strong creative leader with a clear creative vision and exceptional people motivation and management skill.
- Have a full understanding of high volume ecommerce photographic principals and processes.
- Be calm under pressure and be a natural problem solver.
- Have an ability to communicate at all levels of the business in a clear, concise manner and critically know when to ask for help or guidance.
- A strong sense of commercialism.
- Proven ability to work to stringent briefs and deadlines, with an exceptional eye for detail.
- Have a genuine interest in fashion and be a creative thinker.
- Working knowledge of Excel, Word and Photoshop.
- Mac and Windows Literate.
- Prop buying experience.
- A full, clean driving licence.