Responsible to: Head of Photographic Operations
Line Manager: Head of Photographic Operations
External relationships: Clients, freelancers, suppliers if outsourcing is required.
Internal relationships: Studio team, Photographic Team, Digital Team, Client Services Team, Directors.
Hours: Mon – Fri 9am – 5:30pm (flexible hours required)
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Producing, filming and Editing video content from storyboarding through to production.
- Produce content with the use of basic & advanced lighting set up’s.
- To produce Storyboards for creative concepts.
- To prepare your working set, checking that all equipment is fully functional and correctly maintained.
- Processing of all video’s, maintaining file size and any relevant specifications.
- Work independently and also with the creative and photographic team.
- Responsible for own time management and team work with stylist on set to ensure workload is complete to a high standard.
- Accurately following detailed client briefs.
- Ensuring all client briefs and deadlines are achieved on time.
- Communicate any issues to the Line Manager and seek advice and help to resolve them.
- Train and mentor members on all levels required.
- Strong confidence in directing models.
- Work with Line Manager to continuously try and find ways to streamline the process and ensure quality is maintained.
- Busy workload – work at a positive pace to meet individual deadlines, as well as greater needs of the photographic team.
- Testing for new business opportunities
Knowledge and Skills required:
- 4 + years experience as a Videographer.
- Must have a Videography portfolio.
- Strong portfolio of both E-commerce & Creative
- Must be experienced editing projects using Adobe Premiere Pro & Final cut Pro.
- Experienced in camera operation, DSLR & digital video cameras, sound equipment, and the overall production process.
- experienced using video lighting equipment, such as HMI’s, sky panels and Kino’s.
- Comfortable creating detailed kit list for upcoming shoots, consistent with the clients budget.
- Tech savvy, with considerable knowledge of audio/ visual equipment, hardware, software, troubleshooting and techniques used in video production & editing.
- Knowledge of safe work practices, particularly lighting and manual handling.
- Must be comfortable working towards defined Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) from clients
- Must be able to quickly understand and work with client and team changes within a studio.
- Be a strong team player who is eager to learn and can grasp information quickly
- A good understanding of what it takes to maintain and develop the most productive client relationships
- Flexible approach to meet business needs
- Strong listening and questioning skills
- Exceptional eye for detail
- Calm under pressure and under tight timeframes
- Excellent communication skills are essential.
- Enthusiastic, self motivated and ability to work independently.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills