seo – the statistics behind the research
Last week our SEO expert Ken Berkley provided his 10 Top SEO Tips. Below, Ken delves a little deeper and highlights some of the statistics and trends which assisted him with his findings.
Search Engine Optimization Stats
– YouTube has become the second largest search engine eclipsing Bing, Yahoo and Ask and AOL combined. Source: Social Media Today.
– 44% of online shoppers begin by using a search engine. Source: Interconnected World – Shopping and Personal Finance, 2012.
– SEO leads have a 14.6% close rate, while outbound leads (such as direct mail or print advertising) have a 1.7% close rate. Source: Search Engine Journal.
– 50% of all mobile searches are conducted in hope of finding local results, and 61% of those searches result in a purchase. Source: Search Engine Watch.
– On average, there are 12 billion searches per month on the web in the USA alone. Source: Comscore, July 2014.
– 86% of consumers state that using a search engine allowed them to learn something new or important that helped him/her increase his/her knowledge. Source: Pew Research Center, Search Engine Use.
– If a post is greater than 1,500 words, on average it receives 68.1% more Tweets and 22.6% more Facebook likes than a post that is under 1,500 words. Source: QuickSprout .
Looking ahead: SEO In 2015
– Focus On The User – User-friendly websites will rank higher on a search engine results page.
– Mobile Optimisation – Poor mobile optimisation can lead to a spike in bounce rates, which can have a negative impact on SEO results.
– Secure Encryption – Currently, HTTPS is a fairly weak ranking signal, but Google has indicated that it may become more significant in the near future.
– Refine Your Website’s URL Structure – A streamlined URL structure will improve your search rankings.
– Google’s Hummingbird Matters – It’s becoming more common for users to start a search by asking a question.
– Look At Other Search Engines Besides Google – Other search engines are becoming more widely accepted, so you need to consider focusing on them in order to attract a wider client base.
stay up to date
seventy7 will use the information you provide on this form to be in touch with you and to provide updates and marketing.sign up now