Join seventy7 Group in Manchester.
We are a fully integrated creative agency based in the northern powerhouse of Manchester. The Group also has offices, and studios in London and Mumbai – we’re truly global.
Our Group employs over 160 talented people who create eye-catching content for some of the world’s leading brands. Today, we’re one of the most respected creative content agencies in the UK.
We’ve been established in Manchester for over 40 years and as a city is famous for its arts and creativity, we continue to take inspiration from it.
Our significant 5-year plan will reposition us as leaders in the creative industry and also promote the talent and creative hub that is seventy7 Manchester.
We are now recruiting for a Head Photographer to direct and manage all aspects of the photography output and the photographic team.
Job Title: Head Photographer
Division: Photography Manchester
Reporting to: Head of Photographic Operations
Package: Competitive Salary and performance related bonus
Aim of the Role
- To elevate the team’s creative photographic output across both fashion and still life shoots.
- To ensure that deadlines and shot counts are achieved whilst ensuring photography is to brief.
- To support both the fashion and still life photography teams creatively ensuring that all of our creative output is of the highest standard.
- To develop and mentor the photography team.
- 75% on set, 25% off set
- Ideally you will have a minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role, supported by references.
- A strong portfolio – on both creative and ecommerce shoots.
- A thorough knowledge of fashion and still life photography.
- A thorough knowledge of both video capture and editing.
- To provide high quality imagery for online editorial/campaign features.
- You will have strong leadership skills, to drive and develop a team of 9 photographers and the confidence and communication skills to liaise with clients and internal account managers.
- Ability to work with Art Directors and clients to generate photography guides and kit lists.
- Able to work well as part of a team in a high-pressure environment.
- Reporting to the Head of Photographic Operations, you will be working with the production team to allocate resource for daily/weekly shoot schedules.
- Maintain consistency across several teams and multiple clients.
- Staff training, mentoring, motivation, discipline and developing a regular test protocol to improve the creative and technical abilities of the team.
- Responsible for achieving daily shot count targets.
- Communicate with our logistical team to ensure products move seamlessly between teams.
- A strong creative leader with a clear creative vision and exceptional people motivation and management skills.
- Have a full understanding of high volume ecommerce photographic principals and processes.
- Be calm under pressure and be a natural problem solver.
- Have an ability to communicate at all levels of the business in a clear, concise manner and critically know when to ask for help or guidance.
- A strong sense of commercialism.
- Proven ability to work to stringent briefs and deadlines, with an exceptional eye for detail.
- Have a genuine interest in fashion and be a creative thinker.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- A full, clean driving licence.