photographic production controller
About the role
We are recruiting a Photographic Production Controller to support in the day to day running of the photography department in our Manchester studios.
Responsible to: Head of Photographic Operations
External Relationships: Clients, Freelancers and Suppliers (if outsourcing is required).
Internal Relationships: Studio team, Photographic Team, Digital Team, Client Services Team, Directors.
Hours: Mon Fri 9am 5:30pm (flexible hours required)
- To oversee the day to day production of the photographic unit.
- Managing the photographic schedule to ensure all client SLA’s are achieved.
- Producing and managing a forecast schedule.
- Booking and finance control of all freelance resource.
- Supporting the Head of Photographic Operations in the management and development of the photographic unit and team.
- Enthusiastic and highly organised, you must be able to manage and prioritise a busy workload.
- Excellent management, production and problem solving skills.
- Experience of managing the production of a large team.
- Strong communication skills at all levels.
- Excellent eye for detail.
Knowledge and Skills required
- Exceptional understanding of a busy commercial photographic studio.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a production role.
- Be able to develop and maintain a culture of ‘can do’ throughout other departments.
- Strong commercial awareness and understanding of how actions affect profit.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and work under pressure.