Have a go at our 12 Christmas crackers and we’ll reveal the answers shortly after 4pm this afternoon.
1. What is the name of Kevin’s older brother in Home Alone?
2. In what year did the UK post office first introduce Christmas postage stamps?
3. Who discovered Christmas Island?
4. Which country traditionally gives London’s Trafalgar Square Christmas Tree?
5. In Dickens’s ‘A Christmas Carol’, which is the first ghost to visit Scrooge?
6. Who created a Christmas pudding for Waitrose in 2010 with a whole orange inside?
7. In which German city would you find the Shrine Of The Three Kings?
8. What was the last UK Christmas number one of the 20th century?
9. In literature, which fictional character said it is ‘always Winter, but never Christmas’?
10. Of what is a Norfolk Black a variety?
11. The jolasveinar, or ‘Yule lads’, are a traditional part of an Icelandic Christmas. What are they?
12. How many points does a snowflake have?
3. Captain William Mynors
5. The ghost of Jacob Marley
6. Heston Blumenthal
8. I Have A Dream – Westlife
9. Mr Tumnus (The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe)
11. A band of thirteen gift-giving goblins